, which is a form of prestressing, has several advantages over standard reinforcing steel (rebars):
• It reduces or eliminates shrinkage cracking-therefore no joints, or fewer joints, are needed
• Cracks that do form are held tightly together
• It allows slabs and other structural members to be thinner
• It allows us to build slabs on expansive or soft soils
• It lets us design longer spans in elevated members, like floors or beams
Post tension can be used in a variety of applications, ranging from building foundations, to bridges to structural beams. For new home construction, Capron Construction, Inc. always uses post-tension in slabs. The soil in South Tulsa and Bixby commonly contains large amounts of clay and is subject to freezing. Both circumstances result in movement called heaving. Protecting from this movement requires the structural integrity provided by post tension.
For more information, call or email. You can reach me at 918.381.5554 or by email at email@example.com.